Sometimes all you need is something light and a snack that doesn’t leave you crashing within an hour. This super basic recipe is ideal for the road, the office, or to hold you over until dinner.
Trail Mix Formula
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Half Sheet Pan & Cooking Rack
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a half sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Optional: use half sheet cooking rack.
- Measure out the desired nuts and seeds for your medley, and spread evenly across the pan.
- Bake on 350F for 5 minutes.
- melt butter and add salt to a large mixing bowl.
- If using, Remove baking rack. Use the foil or parchment paper to funnel the hot nuts and seeds into the butter and salt mixture.
- Stir the nuts into the butter mixture until they are thoroughly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel and let rest for at least one hour.
- Store Nut Medley in Tupperware or Mason Jar(s) at room temperature and consume when it's time for a pick me up.