Thank you Adam VanZee for editing this wonderful video that captures the Backpacking Light trip of June 2014 to the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness in Montana.
Isn’t this guy just adorable! I added some quick edits with Photoshop using predominantly filters and blending modes, and minimal brush work. Sometimes creating an image can be somewhat of a surprise when the edit is complete. I love the way the white digitized into neon lines on black in the middle of his adorable face.
On a different note,
Live, Love & Inspire!
I have been curious about using brushes and plugins downloaded from the internet into my Photoshop CS6.
This video tutorial is to help set up a plugin from the internet on a Mac (if it doesn’t do so automatically).
How To Set Up Photoshop Plugins
Ideally it is supposed to be this simple:
Add AKVIS Plugins to Photoshop (for Mac)
So what am I doing wrong?
There are a few ways to make custom chalkboard paint and create fun DIY signs, objects, organizers .. the list goes on an on. The following tutorials are linked to the images in this post. They will help open your eyes to the wonderful world of chalkboard ideas for your home. I encourage craft lovers to explore several ideas from others on how to make custom chalkboard paint, and what to DO with it.
1) Chalkboard Wall
Non-sanded grout + Latex paint in any color + Mixing cup or bucket + Brush or roller + Drill w/ paint mixer attachment = Chalkboard Wall Paint
2) Chalkboard Paint with Any Color
1/2 cup acrylic paint + 1 tablespoon unsanded grout + mixing cup or bowl + spoon + paint brush+ object or board you plan to paint on = Colorful DIY Chalkboard Paint
3) Paint on Anything
1 cup paint + 1 tablespoon unsanded grout + Goodwill Object = Creative Chalkboard Sign
Once you choose the recipe to use and get the materials together, it is time to get creative. The Gallery below has some of my favorite DIY chalkboard ideas from pinterest. From what I have seen the sky is the limit on creative chalkboard ideas. ^_^
Check out more fun chalkboard DIY craft ideas on pinterest! To see the sites I drew these ideas from look below. *NOTE: hover your mouse over the link to see the title, which will refer to the topic of chalkboard paint craft ideas and tutorials from the www and will open in a new tab.
I’d like to thank the following domains for this awesome chalkboard paint ideas:
- pinterest.com; 2; 3; 4; 5
- indulgy.com; 2; 3
I was a craft lover and a nature wanderer growing up. I remember some of my favorite craft projects as a child began with gathering natural items on a hike. When we returned to the house I would create art with rocks, twigs, flowers, etc. I have been exploring DIY craft ideas that combine nature and craft time, to inspire future projects with kids. Click the pictures in the index below to go to the corresponding craft tutorial page:
1) Flower Texture Art
- Construction paper + Oil Pastels + Wild flowers + glue = Flower Landscape
2) Maple Seed & Twig Art
- Maple Seeds + Twigs + Paint + Hot Glue = Cute Nature creatures ie: Dragon Flies
3) Nature Weaving
- Twigs + string + plants + leaves + grass = Nature Weaving Craft
4) Rainbow Flower Banner
- Cloth + Craft Glue + Ribbion + Various Colored Plants = Rainbow Craft
5) Personalized Nature Pals
- sticks & twigs + hand pruners + hot glue + flat stone + colored pencils + nature objects + twine = personalized nature pals
6) Flowers Faires
- Natural items + card stock + crayons/ markers + glue = Flower Faires
7) Nature Filled Sun Catcher
- Clear contact paper + A plate + Nature items + yarn = Nature Sun Catcher
8) Twig Heart Michelle Made Me
- Cereal box + twigs + scissors/utility knife + pencil + eraser + white glue + hot glue = Twig Heart.
9) Alphabet Painted Rocks
- 26 Smooth rocks + Acrylic paint + Paint brushes + Sharpie + Clear Satin Glaze = Alpahbet Rocks
10) Rain Scapes
- rain + pancake watercolors + paper + mortar & pestle = Rain Scapes
11) Rock Animals
- White cement glue + Stones + Non-drying clay + Coffee stirrers + Paintbrushes = Rock AniPals
12) Flower Pound on Fabric
- 1 yard of white or off-white 100% cotton fabric + Alum + Washing Soda + Clean Bucket + Water + Old wooden cutting board + Iron + Ironing board + Scissors + Wax Paper + Masking Tape + Hammer + Flowers + Fine Tip Permanent Marking Pen or Fabric Pen = Custom Natural T-shirt Design
13) Hammered leaf and flower prints
- flowers/ leaves + watercolor paper + selection of hammers + hard work surface + paper towels + scissors + a pen + tweezers/ toothpicks + tape + acrylic finishing spray = Natural prints on watercolor paper
14) Natural Candle Holder
- Pressed Leaves or Flowers + Votive Cup + Tissue Paper + Decoupage Solution + Foam Brushes = Glowing Leaves
15) Whootastic Pinecone Owls
- 3 Open Pinecones + White craft stuffing + 1 sheet of brown felt + Large goggly eyes + Scissors + Hot Glue + A stick = Pinecone Owls
16) Andy Goldsworthy for Kids
- assortment of leaves + glue + canvas = Leaf Mosaic
17) Autumn Crowns
- duct tape + brown paper grocery bags + scissors + colorful mix of leaves, flowers, & misc. embellishments = Natural Crown
18) Printing with leaves
- assortment of leaves + paint/ ink + paper = nature print
19) Twig & Bead Trees
- paper beads + twigs + string + scissors + handsaw + drill w/ tiny bit + large-eyed needle = Handmade tree ornament
20) Hanging Leaves
- Colorful leaves + Bleached beeswax + Double boiler + Monofilament + Clothespins = Waxed Leaf Mobile
I would like to introduce you all to the positive realm of tealesworld. I am truly inspired by the world around me; by nature, love, acceptance, kindness, art, learning, and educating. I believe that we all have the power to live life in the state of mind that we choose. We create our own destinies and all experiences, no matter if they are good or bad, lead us towards personal growth. I have made more than
1000 . . . NO a billion mistakes in my life, and I wouldn’t take a single one of them back. We learn so much about our selves by where we have been and what we have survived. It’s difficult to remember that our pain is one side of a coin, and our joy is the other. We need both of these things in our lives, our experience is an extension of our very essence. That being said, here is a blog that is built to share my joy, adventure, and fruitful elements one might take away from everyday life . . . with you.
Shared, Inspirational Pictures & Quotes
View more inspirational images on Live, Love & Inspire’s facebook page. We all need to hear positive and inspirational feedback, this page is where I keep the reminders that I am blessed, and I am living the life I want to live.