What is the easiest way to change the image background in Photoshop?
Wiki How – this seems like the old way to change a background color. I’m looking for a more efficient way to accomplish a task needing to be done in repetition. Ideally something we could do with a batch edit… but lets not get ahead of ourselves. >_^
How to Select and Change Colors in Photoshop by PHLEARN on Youtube
This tutorial is quick and easy and uses photoshop magic.
Select Color Range
- Create New Layer
- Go to: “Select” > “Color Range”
- Select dropdown: Sampled Colors
- Use eyedropper on the background of the image
- Selection Preview: Grayscale (anything white/#ffffff is selected)
- Drop the Fuzziness slider & use + and – eyedropper tools to refine selection
- Click “OK” when the background is selected
Add a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer
- Go to: “Layer” > “New Adjustment Layer” > “Hue/Saturation”
- Click “OK” (Selection is now applied to a mask on a layer that controls color)
- Change sliders for desired color / effect..
This tutorial uses the hue slider to change the blue background to a teal background. I’m wondering if I used the lightness slider I could achieve the desired effect. The goal is to change the background color to white background for all product photos.
Steps above learned from the video posted below (0:55-3:55)
to be continued …