My favorite thing to make with the air fryer is homemade chips. Just cut up some tortillas and add pile into the air fryer until crispy. I found that with tortillas it’s best to put the rack on top of the tortilla strips so they don’t get stuck in the top and burn. The next project is to make Guacamole. When Chips and Guac are ready serve with Salsa and Margaritas.
- Tortillas (corn, flour, or both)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Salt (to taste)
- Fresh Ground Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of salsa
- Cut a couple tortillas into strips, put in the air fryer for about 5 mins (pull when crispy / golden brown).
- Prep ingredients in a medium bowl (The avocado should fit in the bowl before you get started).
- Use a large bladed knife and cut longways around the seed.
- Pull the avocado apart, and chop into the seed with your large bladed knife (careful not to cut yourself). The knife will lodge into the seed and pull it apart from the remaining avocado. Wack the knife on the edge of a trash can to dis-lodge the seed from the knife.
- If you’re only going to prep half the avocado leave the seed in it and use plastic to seal it from the air. Use within 3 days.
- Scoop the green avocado fruit out of the skin and into the bowl.
- Mash the avocado partially with a spoon or fork (try to leave some bigger pieces for Chunky Guac).
- Add the lime, salsa, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir it up and serve with salsa and your homemade chips–fresh hot tortilla strips from the air fryer.